I’ve published this before so let me give you the Highlights
Who To Vote For
“Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote… that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country.” – Samuel Adams
I Particularly like this next quote from the greatest president:
“Elections belong to the people. It is their decision. If they decide to turn their back on the fire and burn their behinds, then they will just have to sit on their blisters.” – Abraham Lincoln
Psalm 20:7(NIV84) says: Some trust in chariots and some trust in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God
Psalm 20:1–9 (CSB)
1 May the Lord answer you in a day of trouble; may the name of Jacob’s God protect you. 2 May he send you help from the sanctuary and sustain you from Zion. 3 May he remember all your offerings and accept your burnt offering. Selah 4 May he give you what your heart desires and fulfill your whole purpose. 5 Let us shout for joy at your victory and lift the banner in the name of our God. May the Lord fulfill all your requests. 6 Now I know that the Lord gives victory to his anointed; he will answer him from his holy heaven with mighty victories from his right hand. 7 Some take pride in chariots, and others in horses, but we take pride in the name of the Lord our God. 8 They collapse and fall, but we rise and stand firm. 9 Lord, give victory to the king! May he answer us on the day that we call.
1. Some Trust in Chariots
Some Trust in War Machines
Some Trust in a Vehicle
How will you Vote?
Some … Trust in Chariots
2. Some Trust In Horses
But David says,
“some trust in chariots and some trust in horses …”
Interestingly Some trust in ONE party the “Chariot Party”, and Some Trust in Another Party the “Horse Party” …
David said “some trust in Chariots, others in Horses but WE WILL TRUST …”
3. In the Name of the Lord Our God
We Will Trust in a NAME … authority and power.
Oh, Gabriel came to Mary and Joseph and said that Mary was going to conceive, and bear and child and his name would be “JESUS”, because he will save his people from their sins
Peter preached in Acts 4:12 that, Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”
THERE is a Name
Philippians 2:10–11 (CSB)
10 at the name of Jesus every knee will bow— in heaven and on earth and under the earth— 11 and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Romans 13:1b says “there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are instituted by God.”
So that begs an interesting question.
How Would Jesus Vote?
I am NOT speaking for Jesus! I am telling you what I believe are some things that scripture teaches us about God that we can see in the issues we face. I believe he would be:
- Pro-Life — Jesus Created all life, he sustains life, he is the giver of life, and is the only one who can take it away. Job 1:21 said, the Lord gives and the lord takes away blessed be the name of the Lord. Oh my but that means ALL life.
- Pro Morality — we live in a world where the distinguishing marks between right and wrong has been removed in most cases. Perversion and Greed seem to run unchecked in the name of freedom and capitalism. Right is RIGHT … and Wrong on Top of Wrong doesn’t equal a right.
- Pro Family – the oldest ceremony in the history of humans is the ceremony of marriage. Marriage is a sacred thing. Marriage is also a picture of Christ and the Church. When we distort the family we distort a picture of Christ and the Church, God and his Children. Distortion like that confuses and distorts the very Gospel of Jesus Christ. We can vote that value, but remember we live in an ungodly world, and we are a church. Vote your values but don’t expect everyone to agree. But we are the Church and We can Live our Beliefs
- Pro God – We do not know what the future holds. It seems that we are closer every day to the end of all things. However, we don’t know that, and the only thing that we know to do is call our nation to repentance and turning toward God. Jesus came with a message “Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.” Jesus would call us to the Father
But you know folks those four things are not the only things that are important to Jesus. So, let me add that Jesus would also be:
- Pro Poor
- Pro Prisoner
- Pro Hungry
- Pro Thirsty
Matthew 25:35-36 “I was hungry and you gave me something to eat … thirsty and you gave me … drink … stranger … invited me in … needed clothes … you clothed me … sick and you looked after me … in prison … came to visit me … whatever you did for one of the least of these … you did for me”
- Pro Education – Proverbs 22:6 train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it
How Should I Vote?
“Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it.” William Penn
“The only thing needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.”
Never be afraid to stand with the minority which is right, for the minority which is right will one day be the majority; always be afraid to stand with the majority which is wrong, for the majority which is wrong will one day be the minority. – William Jennings Bryan
“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.”
John Quincy Adams
How should I Vote?
- Prayerfully – before you are shaped by political pundits or religious leaders, I need to Seek God’s Face. Our answers must come from the throne room before we make a decision …
- Carefully – don’t just go in and vote carelessly or without purpose. I personally never vote straight ticket … I vote what I know to be true and important to me. It takes longer, but if your vote matters, you should vote carefully
- Conscientiously – that is to vote with a consciousness of the moral goodness or blameworthiness of one’s own conduct, intentions or character with a feeling of obligation
- Faithfully – VOTE, it is your right and your DUTY
Who Will I Trust?
“Give me a hundred men who fear nothing but sin, and desire nothing but God, and I will shake the world. I care not a straw whether they be clergymen or laymen; and such alone will overthrow the kingdom of Satan and build up the Kingdom of God on earth.” John Wesley
Our Hope is in God Alone. If you know him personally as your own Lord and God, then you need not Fear anything. If you have never given your heart to him, I offer you Jesus, he is our ONLY Hope. He is our ONLY Answer.
Where is our Hope?
If you counted all the verses and found the Center Verse of Scripture in the Bible, it would be Psalm 118:9 …
It is Better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man
Are you afraid? – Psalm 56:3 when I am afraid, I will trust in you
These are principles for voting. But I did Promise to tell you who to vote for. Well let me see if I can break it down to the important things, the things that we talk about and introduce you to the right candidate:
- Executive Experience?
Well … as an Entrepreneur, Creator, and Inventor, he left a lucrative position to begin a new venture. He handpicked a dozen leaders whom he developed and set them loose. They have transformed a regional venture into a multi-national organization servicing and including millions of employees and ambassadors, and this endeavor has continued for nearly 2000 years. Today he continues in the tri-unified Board of Directors of every facet of the Universe
Well it is said he owns the cattle on a thousand years, but more than that he developed, understands and implements the principles of planting, nurturing, and harvest. He can turn a sack lunch into a meal for thousands, so I think he can make sure you have enough to eat. He went fishing one day and came up with the tax money needed for he and his disciples.
- Social Programs?
He has taught his followers to Feed the Hungry, Visit the Prisoner, Give water to the Thirsty, Clothes to the Naked. His followers have been known to sell their goods and give to those in need. They have been known to meet the needs of strangers and friends alike
- Retirement Plan?
In his Father’s House are many Mansions, and He has gone to prepare a place for me so that where He is I can be as well.
- Suffering and Sacrifice?
The word is Expiation, it means atonement. He went into the teeth of the storm of accusation. He went through an illegal trial. He withstood a horrific beating. Then he was sentenced to die on a cross and suffered in dignity, grace, forgiveness, love, never uttering a word in his own defense. He sacrificed himself that those who would come after him would not have to die, and even if they do would be resurrected to live forever.
His Divine Power has Given us EVERYTHING we Need for Life and Godliness
Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce to you the ONLY Candidate you ever Need, worthy of your pride, worthy of your trust, his is the banner we should fly …
Please Join me and Vote for the Lord Jesus Christ!
Place your Trust in Him
Vote with your Heart, give it to him. Vote with your Head, Surrender to him. Vote with your Feet, live in Obedience to Him. Love Him with Heart, Soul, Mind, and Strength
He is the Same, Yesterday, Today, and Forever. He Is God. He IS Lord
You might as well follow all the rest of Creation; Vote Jesus Christ this Year and for Life.
Remember he said,
I am the vine, you are the branches. The one who remains in me and I in him produces much fruit, because you can do nothing without me John 15:5